Error on the template
From 1991 to 2011, IFRA-Nigeria has collected press cuttings from three Nigerian newspapers - The Guardian, The Punch and The Nigeria Tribune. The cuttings are classified following a scheme formulation by the Fondation Nationale des Sciences Politiques (FNSP) and modified by IFRA-Nairobi Press Library. Further modifications have been made by IFRA-Nigeria to suit its purpose. The scheme applies the principle of development from the general to the most specific. The curling are put in files and arranged in a chronological order. The cuttings prove information on political, economic and social questions in Africa, with an emphasis on Nigeria.
The cuttings are currently being digitised and we hope to have them available online soon.
The main topics covered are:
- Government, parliaments, political activities
- Public order, law & justice, calamities
- Information, mass communication
- Foreign Affairs, military affairs, national sovereignty
- Education and intellectual activities, intellectual and artistic activities
- Social questions, professional groups and unions, social and security insurance, working conditions, working relationships and conflicts, labour force
- Construction and (urbanism) town planning, demographic problems
- Economic issues, economic policy, agriculture, energy, industry, transport
- Distribution and interior commerce, prive, revenues, foreign economic relations, finance
- History, international law